Have you deployed a munzee that needs an upgrade? Using the Swap feature, you can easily switch out old physical and virtual munzees in popular destinations for newer types worth more points!
- Refresh the map in any area you choose without needing to archive first and wait 7 days
- Use credits you have accumulated but don’t have a good use for
- Earn a new deploy for the day
- Earn more captures from the locals in any area you refresh (there will be much rejoicing!)
- Keep the CapOns flowing in places with large groups of regular players
Which Types Can Swap
How To Swap
The swapping process is online only, meaning it can only be done on the Munzee website, NOT in the app. The process for swapping physicals is slightly different than the process for swapping virtuals, so we'll break down each below!
How To Swap Physical Munzees
Only munzees with a generic code, AKA greenies, can be swapped. The first thing you will need to do to swap out physical munzees is to log into your munzee account.
One you’ve logged in, select the “Deployed” button/tab.
This will bring you to a list of all the munzees that you have deployed. Select which munzee you wish to swap out by clicking on the munzee name. Maybe even use the “filter by type” option to select a munzee type that qualifies for the swap.
Once you click on the munzee, you will be presented with the following options. In order to swap out your physical munzees, select the “Edit Munzee” option.
Under the section “Replace Missing Munzee,” you will notice a new option to “Swap Out Munzee.” Selecting this option will allow you to choose which type of munzee you will be swapping to.
You can then select which type of munzee you wish to swap for. The available options have been indicated above. Keep in mind that Hotels and Motels can only be swapped like for like.
Be sure to verify which munzees you want to swap. Confirming the swap will archive the original munzee* and deploy a brand new munzee of the type you have selected. The new munzee will have the same name and notes so update those if necessary.
How To Swap Virtual Munzees
Please note that when you swap out an old virtual you must use a new munzee that has not been previously deployed. Since you’re swapping out for a totally new munzee the points for the old virt captures will not change.
To swap out a virtual just do the following:
- Go to your online Munzee profile.
- Go to your undeployed munzees and copy the number code from the replacement virtual item URL.
- Go to your deployed munzees and choose the virtual you want to replace.
- Click “Edit Details,” scroll down and paste the new number code in the specified area.
Check out the video below to see the Virt Swap in action (you may need to pause and rewind to fully get it):