Editing and Moving a Munzee
The movement of munzees after they have been deployed is restricted by the following guidelines:
- The munzee must be deployed in the general area where you are wanting people to find it. Deploying it at home and then moving to the target area will not work.
- Once deployed, you can move the munzee within 500ft of that original deployment location. This allows for fine tuning.
- Standard munzees can not be within 150ft of another munzee that you have deployed.
- Standard munzees can not be deployed within 50ft of any other munzee.
Rules Reminder: Standard munzees can not have the contents of their QR code shared with others or listed in the notes. It is to be captured by physically finding the munzee! This means no printing ahead of time and scanning as you walk, ride, or drive by.
- A virtual can be deployed anywhere although it is designed to be placed in areas where physical munzees aren't possible.
- Virtuals show up in the ocean (coordinates 0,0) when deployed and have their pin moved to their final deployment location.
- A virtual can be moved around an unlimited amount of times and where you want to in the world until it receives its first capture.
- Once captured, a virtual can then only be moved and tweaked within 500ft of the captured location.
- Virtual munzees can not be within 150ft of another munzee that you have deployed.
- Virtual munzees can not be within 50ft of any other deployed munzee.
Undeploying a Munzee
Undeploying takes your munzee offline and makes it not available to be captured anymore. This is a temporary status designed to be used while doing repairs. Undeploying a munzee takes 5 points away from your account BUT it is only temporary. As soon as you redeploy it after repairing, etc. you get the 5 points back. If the munzee needs to be retired and is done for good you can archive it which will preserve 100% of everyone's points but take it off the map and out of play permanently.
Archiving a Munzee
If you have a munzee that is no longer being used and you don't want it sitting in your Undeployed listing, you can archive it. This essentially retires the munzee and preserves all of the deployment and capture points for all parties involved. It will no longer show up on the map and is no longer capturable and can not be turned back into a standard munzee.
Archive vs Undeploy
Each of these options has its place in the game. Undeploy is used for Munzees you are able to repair and place back in play. Archive is designed to permanently remove a munzee from the map. We recommend the undeploy option for any munzee in a special location you are able to return to for repairs. Archive should be reserved for those munzees you are not able to return to the location and replace.
When you archive a munzee you will not be able to deploy a new munzee within 150ft of the location FOR 7 DAYS. Other players will also not be able to deploy within 50ft of the location FOR 7 DAYS. Please consider your options when choosing between archive and undeploy.
Replacing a Munzee with a Generic Code
1: Choose a generic sticker
2: Test Barcode Scanner
3: Write down /g/XXXXXX code
4: Peel and stick
5: Access Munzee website and Munzee being replaced
6: Admin tab
7: Fill in generic code /g/XXXXXX at bottom and save
Now you have replaced a Munzee with a new generic vinyl sticker. The same process would work with the new dog tags, magnetic/plastic tags, & plastic coins. Taking a regular Munzee and replacing with a mystery generic code will not work. The result will still be a regular Munzee.