Places munzees are virtual game pieces to be positioned at locations that may be of interest all around the world. These munzees can be captured once per MHQ day. You do not have to wait 24 hours before you can re-cap it, e.g. you can capture it at 11:30 MHQ time on Monday and 9:21 MHQ time on Tuesday.
Each capture of a Places Munzee will earn you 10 points.
There are currently four types of Places Munzees:
- Airport Places Munzees can be deployed at most airports in the world.
- Stadium Places Munzees can be deployed at stadiums of major sporting leagues around the world, including soccer (football), hockey, and rugby.
- Wildlife Places Munzees can be deployed at zoos, aquariums, wildlife preserves, or animal sanctuaries around the world.
- Museum Places Munzees can be deployed at museums, art galleries and similar locations around the world.
Places Munzees are NOT blastable.
Players can deploy their Places munzee from the online Munzee map. Only one Places munzee may be deployed at each location, so you may have to get creative with where you deploy these. Once you deploy the munzee it will then be sent to an MHQ staff member for approval. Places deploys will be approved within 24-48 hours, but these are manually approved, so please be patient. Once your deploy is approved or denied you’ll receive an email notification.
- Places munzees must be at least 1 mile apart from one another, no matter the type (museum, airport, etc.).
- You cannot cap your own Places munzee.
- You will deploy Places munzees from your account, so you will get the points when people cap it. These may be capped by players once per MHQ 24 hour time period so there is potential for a lot of cap-on points.
- Places munzees are not blastable.
- Each* has a 1,000 ft capture radius. (*This does not include airports which have a 1 mile capture radius.)
- Can be captured once per 24 hour MHQ day by players.
- There are a limited amount of each type of Places munzees for sale.
- Places munzees will cost $10 each and players are limited to one of each type.
- For quicker approval, descriptively name your Places deploy so we can easily tell if it fits the criteria.
- When deploying your Places munzee look for a designated icon on Google Maps. This makes the approval process much easier.
- Deploy your Places munzee at entrances and other areas that are easily accessible for other players. For example, don't deploy your Stadium Places munzee in the middle of the field.
- If your Places munzee deploy is declined, you will receive a brief explanation as to why in the followup email.
- Even if your location was available at the time of deployment it may be taken by another player who selected that location before you.
- If your Places munzee deploy is denied, you’ll still be able to resubmit, but please consider the notes the approver listed for the denial.
Places Type Criteria:
- Most major international, national and regional airports will be accepted.
- Field and SeaPlane runways will be accepted, if designated as official on Google Maps.
- The Airport must be active and in use.
- No military bases will be accepted.
- No heliports will be accepted.
- No model/RC airplane runways will be accepted.
- Most Major and Minor League Sports stadiums will be accepted.
- No U-18 school stadiums will be accepted- only colleges/universities.
- No youth league stadiums will be accepted- only Pro/Semi-Pro facilities.
- No country clubs or resorts will be accepted.
- No pools/natatoriums will be accepted.
- Zoos, Aquariums, Conservation Facilities, etc will be accepted.
- The space must be open to the public for tours and include animals. Botanical gardens will not be accepted.
- Viewing centers will not be accepted.
- All locations must be permanent, so no traveling zoos or attractions.
- Petting Zoos are allowed as long as they are a permanent attractions.
- Adoption facilities will not be accepted.
- Most local, national and international museums will be accepted.
- History, science and art museums are all acceptable.
- No art studios or small galleries, unless considered a museum.
- No statues or singular landmarks.
- No historical sites, unless they have a major museum component.