When you capture a Jewel while a Rover is with you, you have a small chance of receiving Jewel Shards! This includes Jewels captured using Blasts!
How to Find Jewel Shards
- Make sure you have a Rover with you
- An easy way to check is to go to your Profile --> [Rovers] --> [Rover Kennel]. It will tell you if you have no Rovers with you
- If you have no Rovers with you, look for one on the map nearby! Then simply tap the [...] in the top-right corner of that munzee's details --> [Rovers] and [Fetch] it!
- Otherwise, you can ask another player if they'd be kind enough to drop one near you, or buy one yourself in the In-App Store or Freeze Tag Store
- Capture a Jewel Munzee
- You will see a popup as shown below -- the text will have an extra sentence that says "Rover also dug up X jewel shards."
If you've been capping a lot of Jewels lately, check out our article on Jewel Shards to find out how to put them to good use!