Undeploying takes your munzee offline and makes it not available to be captured anymore. This is a temporary status designed to be used while doing repairs. If the munzee needs to be retired and is done for good, you can archive it to take it off the map and out of play permanently.
Steps to Undeploy a Munzee Online:
1. Login to the Munzee website. Once you are logged in, select the “Deployed” option from the green menu.
Please note, if you need to undeploy a Munzee that has been put in Maintenance Mode, you can access it by selecting the option for “More” and choosing “Maintenance Needed.”
2. Selecting “Deployed” will take you to a list of your deployed Munzees. Locate the Munzee you wish to undeploy, and click on it.
3. On this page, click “Edit Munzee.”
You will find the option to “Undeploy” towards the bottom of the screen. Click on this button, and confirm that you wish to undeploy your munzee.
Clicking this button will automatically undeploy your munzee. You will not even have to press update. The “Undeploy” button will now be updated to read “Deploy” if you wish to redeploy the munzee in the future.
Steps to Undeploy a Munzee from Your Phone:
1. Login to the Munzee app. Once you are logged in, go to your player profile and select “Deployed Munzees,” which you can find under the “Munzees” tab option. Please note, if you need to undeploy a Munzee that has been put in Maintenance Mode, you can access it by selecting the option for “Maintenance Needed,” which is located underneath “Deployed Munzees.”
2. Selecting “Deployed” will take you to a list of your deployed Munzees. Locate the Munzee you wish to undeploy, and click on it. Once you have clicked on the munzee, select the three dots in the upper righthand corner.
3. Select the option from the list to “Undeploy,” and confirm that you wish to undeploy your munzee. Once you confirm, your munzee will be undeployed.
You can now access the munzee by going underneath the “Inventory” tab and selecting “Undeployed Munzees.”
General Notes About Undeploying
Undeployed Munzees List Limitations: There are limitations on the Undeployed Munzees list to help conserve server space. If you undeploy a Munzee, it will be important to do the maintenance and return the munzee to location and deploy. The creation of Munzees via the website will be limited if you have hit the max amount of space available.
Non-Premium Munzee players are limited to creating 100 total munzees via the “create munzee” tool per month. Your overall undeployed list is 50 munzees total. If you have more than 50 munzees in your undeployed list you will not be able to use the “Create munzee” tool until you have deployed more. The exception to this rule is any prizes added or purchases made via the online store.
Premium Munzee members are limited to creating 250 total munzees via the “create munzee” tool per month. Youroverall undeployed list is 250 munzees total. If you have more than 250 munzees in your undeployed list you will not be able to use the create munzee tool until you have deployed some. The exception to this rule is any prizes earned or purchases made via the online store.
Archiving a Munzee: If you have a munzee that is no longer being used and you don't want it sitting in your Undeployed listing, you can archive it. This retires the munzee and preserves all of the deployment and capture points for all parties involved. It will no longer show up on the map and is no longer capturable and can not be turned back into a standard munzee.
Archive vs Undeploy: Each of these options has its place in the game. Undeploy is used for Munzees you are able to repair and place back in play. Archive is designed to permanently remove a munzee from the map. We recommend the undeploy option for any munzee in a special location you are able to return to for repairs. Archive should be reserved for those munzees you are not able to return to the location and replace.
When you archive a munzee you will not be able to deploy a new munzee within 150ft of the location FOR 7 DAYS. Other players will also not be able to deploy within 50ft of the location FOR 7 DAYS. Please consider your options when choosing between archive and undeploy.
Generic stickers: Generic stickers do not attach to your account until deploy. Therefore a generic sticker does not count in your undeployed list. The generic is the best way to own more than 100 munzees waiting to be deployed on your long road trips.